These champagne-shaped cookies use my classic sugar cookie recipe, and they’re perfect for New Years!
Champagne Cookie Cutters:
Cookie Cutters #3 (showing same-day delivery with prime!)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together sugar and butter with a hand mixer, or in a stand mixer
- Mix in egg and vanilla
- Mix in baking powder and slowly mix in flour
- Knead and roll out on a lightly floured surface to the desired thickness. These will not change shape too much as they bake, so I make them at about 1/4 inch thick
- Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes
- Optional: If you have space in the freezer, place the cut out cookies in the freezer for 10 min before placing in the oven. I’ve skipped this step many times, but it can help them hold their shape even better.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, remove from oven right before the bottoms begin to brown
- Transfer to cooling rack and let cool for at least 30 minutes. After they have cooled completely you can decorate and enjoy!