The countdown to fall is on and I can’t stop craving soup and chili! Slow cooker meals are my specialty, but with our wedding coming up in October I have made it my mission to make low-carb versions of all my favorite comfort foods.
We’ve been craving buffalo chicken chili, and I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make a low-carb version! I pieced this recipe together using a few of my favorites I’ve made in the past, removing the carb heavy ingredients and adding celery. This turned out DELICIOUS, and I didn’t even miss the usual ingredients like corn or beans.
The best part is that you can throw it all together in the slow cooker, leave it, and come back to it just in time for dinner.
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 14.5 cans fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 bell peppers, diced (I use red and green)
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 packet dry ranch seasoning
- 1 cup buffalo hot sauce (start with 1/2 a cup, you can taste and add more later)
- 2 8oz pkgs Cream Cheese
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and turn on high.
- Add everything except for the cream cheese and cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 6-8.
- Shred chicken and return to slow cooker.
- Stir in softened cream cheese, and heat through for an additional 30 minutes.
- Top with blue cheese crumbles.