I am a huge fan of all things watermelon, especially in the summertime! We never seem to be able to finish an entire watermelon ourselves when we pick one up so I’ve been brainstorming other uses for them. Watermelon is a delicious base for a punch, especially paired with gin, lemon, and mint!
These ingredients are the ultimate combo for a cool, refreshing drink. I made this Watermelon Punch in a large pitcher so it’s the perfect drink to serve to a crowd during your next cookout.
I used one of our favorite locally distilled gins by Hard Truth Distilling for this drink. The lighter use of juniper and generous amount of fresh citrus creates a surprisingly refreshing Gin. Hard Truth Gin is an easy drinking gin by itself over ice, or a great base to add to fresh squeezed juices or ginger beer. You can view a list of locations you can find it here:
- Large pitcher
- Blender or food processor
- 1/2 or 3/4 of a large watermelon, cut into small chunks (enough for 4 cups watermelon juice)
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Around 10 sprigs of fresh mint
- 1.5 cup of Hard Truth Gin
- 1 cup simple syrup
- Blend watermelon until you have 2 cups, then strain
- Muddle mint leaves in the bottom of a pitcher
- Add lemon juice, simple syrup, gin, and strained watermelon juice
- Stir and pour in to glasses over ice
Leave a Reply