Summertime means warm weather, and that means I occasionally make the shift from my usual glass of red wine to a seasonal cocktail. The problem I typically have is that most summer cocktails tend to be overly sweet and sugary, which I am not a big fan of.
The good news is that this Watermelon Splash drink isn’t too sweet or sugary at all. The combination of the watermelon, cucumber and mint makes the perfect refreshing summer cocktail. We took a trip to Sanibel Island recently and I tried a similar one on special there, and I have been on the hunt for a copycat recipe ever since!
Side note – this is my first recipe blog post using OUR BRAND NEW KITCHEN! I can’t wait to make many more in it.
What you’ll need:
- Very large Pitcher
- 2 1/2 pounds watermelon, cut into chunks
- 1/2 of a cucumber cut into chunks, keep the rest to slice for garnishing
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves, save some full leaves for garnishing
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup lemonade
- 1 1/2-2 cups vodka (I used Cardinal Spirits Vodka)
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- Lemon slices for garnishing
- Place the watermelon, mint, cucumber, lemon juice and lemonade into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain into a pitcher
- Stir in the vodka and simple syrup
- Add additional simple syrup or water to desired sweetness
- Garnish with mint, lemon slices and cucumber slices